We are currently seeking a Tax Accountant to join our Firm based in Tomball, Texas.
• Overall: Maintaining and cultivating client and team relationships, preparing assigned clients’ tax returns, monthly financial statements, payroll returns, sales tax returns, and other various client requested projects
• Tax return preparation: Preparing challenging tax returns (consolidations, oil & gas partnerships, etc.)
• Provide tax compliance, planning, and advisory services to partnerships, corporations, and S-corporations for a variety of clients.
• Preparing other reports and projects as requested by the Partners and performing other duties as may be assigned.
• Advise clients and be responsible for delivering high-quality tax service, planning, and advice.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
• Licensed CPA preferred or, eligible to sit for the CPA exam with the intention to obtain a CPA license.
• Excellent advisory, compliance, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex information.
• Microsoft Office Proficiency – Intermediate or above skills in Excel preferred
• PLUSES: Masters in Taxation / Accounting,
• Base Salary: Competitive
• Bonus: Based on team performance and chargeable hours
• 401(K) plan: After 90 days of service, the Firm matches from match 100% of your contribution up to 3% plus 50% of your contribution from 3% to 5%.
• Health Insurance: The firm pays for 95% of the health insurance cost for the employee and 100% of the vision cost for the employee. Dental insurance is available at the employee’s cost.
• Professional License, Fees & dues: Paid 100% by the Firm subject to approval.
• PTO (Vacation & Sick Leave) and Holidays:
• 10 vacation days, prorated upon hire
• 1 personal leave day per year of service (starting 1st year of service; maximum is 5 days)
• Annual Holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Week, and a floating holiday up to a total of 13 days per year.