We currently have an opening for a Tax Accounting Intern in our Corporate Tax Department located in Houston, TX. This position is responsible for supporting all aspects of the Tax department by remotely assisting the Indirect Tax Supervisor and Senior management with sales/use, business licenses, and unclaimed property audits. This individual will be well rounded, versatile, and capable of advancing multiple competing assignments with little supervision.
The Tax Accounting Intern provides support for the Tax Department while receiving relevant, on the job training. At the completion of the Internship, the Intern will have gained an understanding of the operations of a Corporate Tax Department. This is an excellent opportunity for the candidate to explore his/her interest in the tax profession and to prepare for a career in tax.
- Reconcile large data sets to GL balances
- Locate and copy invoices using cloud purchasing software for Indirect Tax audits (sales/use, business license, unclaimed property)
- Research sales/use taxability of company initiatives and purchases
- Other special projects
- The ideal candidate would be entering their Junior or Senior year and majoring in Accounting or Finance
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access, Excel (emphasis), and Data Analysis software
- Detail oriented & excellent analytical skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Self-starter who is motivated to excel
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs
- Excellent communication skills
When considering the work environment associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
- Work indoors during all seasons and weather conditions
- Limited amount of local and/or multiple location traveling required
- Standard business dress is required.
When considering the work postures associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
- Sitting continuously for many hours per day, up to 6 hours per day
When considering the physical demands associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
- Physical effort requiring manual dexterity is required, includes paperwork, calculators, computers and phone usage