Learn from a top-notch nonprofit organization as our Social Media Content Intern! The Share Our Strength family of social channels engages with 1+ million followers across all major platforms, and has a dedicated team of social media professionals to learn and grow with over the summer.
Share Our Strength is committed to access, equity, and justice, and we strongly encourage those identifying with historically marginalized groups to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate because of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or parenthood. Applications are considered holistically, focusing on knowledge, skills, and potential for success in our and for the communities we serve.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As our Social Media Content Intern, you’ll combine your knowledge and expertise of social media with support for work that matters in the following areas:
- Scheduling and preparing national No Kid Hungry campaign posts on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn via Sprout Social, with the potential for native projects in TikTok.
- Managing live-publishing of posts during applicable projects.
- Assist in creating and updating content for regional accounts representing No Kid Hungry.
- Assist in maintaining Bambu, a content sharing platform connected to Sprout Social.
- Interest in social media marketing and content creation on a professional level.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suites.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills required.
- Currently enrolled in (or recent graduate of) a degree program.
- Organized, self-motivated, and flexible.
- Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on multi-step, detail-oriented projects in a fluid environment.
- Demonstrated interest in anti-hunger and anti-poverty issues.
- Basic knowledge of social media scheduling platforms (like Sprout Social) is a plus.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to apply. Paid position. No calls please. Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Share Our Strength, we value an individual’s diversity of backgrounds, experiences, ideas and perspectives. A hallmark of our history, culture and values has been the organization’s desire to bring together motivated, intelligent, and talented people to work together to find and implement solutions to eliminate childhood hunger. We each come to Share Our Strength with a unique background, but together we form a team that yields amazing results.
This shared value of encouraging and embracing diversity in our organization fosters a workplace and culture that is highlighted for its innovation, open expression of ideas, and collaboration. With a strong shared commitment to the organization’s mission, and a unique blend of individual strengths, we are all working toward ensuring that each child in America has food where they Live, Learn, and Play.