About this Job
Who we are: Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 5th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms) which are serviced by SMS on their behalf. We manage (or “service”) their loan portfolios by collecting homeowners’ mortgage payments, paying homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and working out options that prevent or resolve the default of homeowners. Our company takes a customer-centric approach by providing practical solutions and an individualized mortgage experience to the customer that leaves the investors satisfied and the homeowners in their homes.
Do you enjoy negotiating, solving problems, and helping others? We need enthusiastic and success-driven professionals to join our TRAIL leadership development Program. The ideal candidate can see the big picture in any situation, enjoys a job with a high degree of customer contact, has a sales, entrepreneurial and Process Improvement mindset and can handle any homeowner situation with composure and empathy. We are a growing company who takes pride in rewarding our top performers with both advancement opportunities and a lucrative bonus structure. We’re looking for assertive, well-spoken, and compassionate associates who are dependable, service-minded, and results-oriented.
Duties & responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- Performs assigned duties, under direction of experienced personnel, to gain knowledge and experience required for promotion to a management position. These duties will involve Homeowner interface and decisioning in real world account management scenarios.
- Performs business analyses and provides recommendations to leadership for business and process changes
- Receives training and performs duties in several functions which may include but are not limited to: accounting, collections, customer service, or operations in order to become familiar with line and staff functions, management viewpoints, company policies, and best practices.
- Observes experienced workers to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards required for performance of departmental duties.
- Help champion the Process Improvement discipline within the organization and implement the steps and tools necessary to successfully complete projects.
- Will be required to attend company sponsored training classes and attain certain certifications.
Skills & abilities
The successful candidate needs:
Excel in a team-oriented, collaborative environment while contributing to the creation, design, and implementation of value-add business strategies that affect current operating practices and company policy.
Be able to clearly articulate and present ideas and findings to a varied audience, including the operations staff and senior leadership.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Proficiency in quantitative analysis
Ability to adapt
Willingness to learn
An entrepreneurial business mindset.
Strong business communication skills with an ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
Strong attention to detail and an ability to multi-task, respond well to pressure and deadlines, and work well individually and in a collaborative environment.
Strong skills in Excel and/or Tableau (charts, graphs, pivot tables, formulas, macros etc.).
Experience with PowerPoint and Visio a plus.