Who we are: Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 5th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms) which are serviced by SMS on their behalf. We manage (or “service”) their loan portfolios by collecting homeowners’ mortgage payments, paying homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and working out options that prevent or resolve the default of homeowners. Our company takes a customer-centric approach by providing practical solutions and an individualized mortgage experience to the customer that leaves the investors satisfied and the homeowners in their homes.
Position overview: Do you enjoy negotiating, solving problems, and helping others? We need enthusiastic and success-driven professionals to join our TRAIL leadership development Program. The ideal candidate can see the big picture in any situation, enjoys a job with a high degree of customer contact, has a sales, entrepreneurial and Process Improvement mindset and can handle any homeowner situation with composure and empathy. We are a growing company who takes pride in rewarding our top performers with both advancement opportunities and a lucrative bonus structure. We’re looking for assertive, well-spoken, and compassionate associates who are dependable, service-minded, and results-oriented.
Duties & responsibilities The successful candidate will:
- Performs assigned duties, under direction of experienced personnel, to gain knowledge and experience required for promotion to a management position. These duties will involve Homeowner interface and decisioning in real world account management scenarios.
- Performs business analyses and provides recommendations to leadership for business and process changes
- Receives training and performs duties in several functions which may include but are not limited to: accounting, collections, customer service, or operations in order to become familiar with line and staff functions, management viewpoints, company policies, and best practices.
- Observes experienced workers to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards required for performance of departmental duties.
- Help champion the Process Improvement discipline within the organization and implement the steps and tools necessary to successfully complete projects.
- Will be required to attend company sponsored training classes and attain certain certifications.
Skills & abilities The successful candidate needs:
- Excel in a team-oriented, collaborative environment while contributing to the creation, design, and implementation of value-add business strategies that affect current operating practices and company policy.
- Be able to clearly articulate and present ideas and findings to a varied audience, including the operations staff and senior leadership.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in quantitative analysis
- Ability to adapt
- Willingness to learn
- An entrepreneurial business mindset.
- Strong business communication skills with an ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to multi-task, respond well to pressure and deadlines, and work well individually and in a collaborative environment.
- Strong skills in Excel and/or Tableau (charts, graphs, pivot tables, formulas, macros etc.).
- Experience with PowerPoint and Visio a plus.
Education & experience
- Four-year college degree in Accounting, Business Administration, MIS, Financial Management, Economics, Applied Mathematics, Quantitative Discipline or a related program
- PTO (paid time off) for vacation and sick days.
- Paid holidays.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and pet insurance.
- Short- and long-term disability insurance.
- Convenient, company-paid downtown parking.
- Adoption- and tuition-assistance programs.
- 401k matching program.
- Lucrative, performance-based bonuses.
- Advancement opportunities.
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Disclaimer Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time. Must be able to effectively access/operate and interpret information on computer screens, documents, and reports. Must be able to effectively communicate with all homeowners via phone (headset) and written means. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. About Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing is one of the fastest growing companies in Greenville, SC where we have doubled in size over the last 2 years.
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing is an operating division of New Penn Financial, LLC and is a specialized servicer of mortgage loans operating in Greenville, South Carolina and Houston, Texas. Our mission is to achieve best in class performance for our client partners by providing performing borrowers with a world class customer care experience and value added special servicing on credit sensitive loan portfolios.