Sinclair Broadcast Group is seeking an individual to provide accounting and finance support to Compulse, LLC, ZypMedia, Datasphere and Sinclair Digital. Reporting to the Accounting Manager of Compulse, LLC, the Senior Accountant contributes to the overall success of the division by performing essential accounting activity, including, but not limited to:
- Performing essential duties for month end close (journal entries, allocations, accruals, etc.)
- Monthly preparation and distribution of department expense analyses and completion of budget/forecast to actual variances.
- Prepare cost analyses and measure performance for various key performance indicators.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Create and maintain accounting processes and files for new initiatives
- Assist with coding invoices, and coordinate with Accounts Payable and outside vendors to ensure expenses are recorded and paid accurately and timely
- Order entry for purchase requisitions and contract submissions
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain effective communication with other teams (ad ops, stations, etc) and corporate department heads by responding to requests in a timely manner
- Ensure GAAP compliance
- Other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Three years’ experience in accounting industry
- Working knowledge of the general ledger, financial statements, budgets and forecasts
- Strong aptitude for accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, professional environment
- Desire and ability to work in a team environment and communicate well with others
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Oracle and Blackline knowledge preferred
- Prior Digital industry experience a plus
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.