The Accounts Payable Lead will work in the Accounts Payable department of the Sonic Shared Services Center. This position will be responsible for processing invoice exceptions and factory reconciliation items in accordance with the SLA’s
• Manage and work the invoice exception queue for a designated region of dealerships and work with end users towards a resolution. This may include reaching out to internal and external end users via email and phone to conduct trainings as necessary.
• Assist in the processing and reconciliation of Manufacturer parts invoices for a specific set of dealership brands. This includes resolving discrepancies on the monthly manufacturer statement reconciliation.
• Assist in research and resolution of invoice questions from outside vendors and internal customers
• Accurately enter invoice data into Coupa (Sonic’s procure to pay system) or the CDK Accounts Payable Module. Match invoices with purchase orders to ensure accurate and timely payments to Sonic suppliers.
• Prepare end of day reporting and reconcile end of day invoice entry batch reports.
• Research and resolve disputed vendor and manufacturer invoices. This also includes root cause analysis to reduce the amount of invoice exceptions
• Assist the AP Automation Supervisor with specific Accounting processes and projects to meet deadlines
• Provide leadership, train and work closely with a team of Accounts Payable Leads to ensure the accounts payable invoice process is ran efficiently.
• Always provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
• Minimum of two years Accounts Payable and/or Procure to Pay experience
• Thorough knowledge of the procure to pay process
• Accurate data entry skills
• Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Ability to work well with other team members and departments to reach Service Level Agreements
• General accounting knowledge
• Effective at multi-tasking, prioritization, working independently, and adapting to changing work environments
• College degree and/or equivalent work experience
• Must be forward facing, have a positive attitude and professional demeanor
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
Desired Experience- Desired experience, training and education.
• Knowledge of CDK/ADP and/or Coupa is preferred
• Experience in the automobile industry
• Two years of data entry experience in a high volume fast pace environment • College degree – preferably in business or accounting
It’s time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it’s easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you’ll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you’ll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.