Tax Intern – Part Time
Senior Manager, Tax
The Tax Intern will focus on state and local indirect tax compliance, tax and data analytics research and administrative requirements. The Tax Intern will be responsible for preparing data for tax filings, and maintaining exempt certificates, and complying the tax compliance calendar. The position will require interaction with the corporate accounting group as well as other business groups within the Company. The ideal candidate should have proficient analytical skills, motivation and confidence to address issues.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepare data for monthly tax accruals in accordance with GAAP
- Prepare data for filing indirect tax returns in a timely manner
- Maintain vendor and customer exempt certificates in compliance with various states
- Assist in tax projects to create efficiencies within the department
- Prepare AP vouchers and obtain appropriate approvals for tax payments
- Pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred tax specialty
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Must have proficient working knowledge of MS Office, Word and Excel and ability to master other software in a reasonable amount of time
- Must have excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of management
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
- Could involve some lifting up to 20 pounds
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time without much movement
- Ability to work in time-sensitive environment with non-flexible deadlines
- All candidates must have the ability to speak, read and write English
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Spark Energy, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.