Employer: Stavis & Cohen Private Wealth
Division: Tax Department
Job Posting Title: Tax Intern
Stavis & Cohen Private Wealth is a private wealth management firm who delivers high tech and high touch planning to help multi-generational families manage the complexities of their wealth. We are looking for an intern to work under the guidance of the Tax Director to implement tax compliance into our practice, including further developing tax planning strategies used in the business currently.
- Preparing various types of tax returns, including individual, trust, gift, estate, partnership, and foundation returns.
- Assisting in tax planning projects for clients to minimize income, estate, gift, and franchise tax liabilities.
- Developing an understanding of various tax software, including tax preparation, tax projection, and other firm related software.
- Meeting both internal and IRS deadlines for tax returns and tax related projects.
- Organizing client provided data to be used for tax return preparation, including creating workpapers.
- Researching tax rules and regulations to build a foundation of tax knowledge.
- Pursuing BBA with a major in Accounting or Finance
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience in managing multiple projects, including prioritizing tasks and working in a team environment.
- Excellent oral, written, and communication/presentation skills
- Strong academic history (minimum GPA of 3.0)
- This position has been designed specifically for active students. The work schedule is flexible around class, activities, holiday, exams, and study time. Each student is required to work a minimum of 20-30 hours per week on average.