Imagine working for a company that helps people achieve their dreams. At Stewart, we help people worldwide protect the dream of owning property, while helping our employees achieve the dream of a rewarding career. But before you can achieve a dream, you’ve got to get it off the ground. That’s what Stewart’s intern program helps you do! The Stewart Internship Program is designed to enable students to gain hands-on work experience as the foundation of their professional lives.
Working at Stewart means being at the forefront of the real estate service industry. Our people are diverse, ambitious and collaborative. Were on a mission to enhance the title and escrow process for our clients and customers. We offer the comprehensive service, deep expertise and solutions our customers need for any real estate transaction. At Stewart, we believe in building strong relationships – and these partnerships are the cornerstone of every closing, every transaction and every deal. Please ensure you apply as early as possible to be considered for this role.
Job Summary and General Description:
As an intern at Stewart, you will have access to work on real-world projects, gain insights from mentors and leaders throughout the organization, and have the opportunity to participate in social and community involvement events to enhance the experience – ultimately providing you with tools to support your transition from college to professional life.
During the internship, you will:
• Apply strong writing skills to develop stories and articles about people and company programs to be shared on our intranet sites and newsletters
• Assist with the creation and execution of a monthly content calendar for internal postings
• Partner with the Communications team on both internal and external communications creation in support of company goals
• Utilize your journalistic skills, interacting with leaders across the company to understand their communications needs
• Act as liaison to other Stewart summer interns, telling their stories of success on our internal and external platforms
• Apply your understanding of social media strategy to assist in metrics reporting and basic web updates
• Have a strong desire to learn the basic principles of public relations and marketing
• Be assigned projects that help to deliver on customer outcomes and identify business improvements
• Be supported by a mentor and/or a “buddy”, your manager, various business leaders, and the Human Resources team, all of whom will ensure you have a valuable learning experience
• Receive coaching and direct support and feedback to enable you to complete assignments and projects to develop skills in your functional area of focus
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams and interns to inform your project(s)
• Learn internal processes, systems, and other industry-related information
To be successful in this role you will:
• Be proficient in Microsoft Office programs; Adobe Photoshop experience a plus
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment and have the passion and energy to leave your mark by the end of the internship
• Be results-oriented, innovative, collaborative, analytical, hands-on, inquisitive, a quick learner, proactive, and have excellent communications skills
• Have an eye for continually seeking to enhance a process or approach, while successfully while delivering on assigned projects
• Be adept at handling a changing workload and high volume of information
• Be currently enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s level degree program
• Be able to fulfill the duties of the role in either an in-person or remote environment for the duration of your internship (locations and format may vary)
• Be available to complete the entire internship program as defined by the communicated program start and end dates
• Be fluent in oral and written English and be eligible to legally work in the country in which you are applying, without company sponsorship or time restriction
Stewart is an equal employment opportunity employer, and our commitment extends to all facets of employment, including a work environment that prohibits, and is free of harassment and discrimination against any applicant or employee, including, but not limited to, through recruiting, selection, placement, promotion, transfer, benefits, training, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment. Stewart is committed to employing the most qualified employees based on objectively valid factors, regardless of race, color, religious creed, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability or condition, military or veteran status, uniformed service-member status, marital status, genetic information (including testing and characteristics) or any other status or consideration protected by federal, state or local law. Where appropriate, Stewart will adhere to provisions in applicable laws providing bona fide occupational qualifications, business necessity or age limitations.
Stewart is committed to ensuring its online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact us by calling 1-800-729-1904, option 6, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.