Stewart Information Services Corporation (NYSE-STC) is a global real estate services company, offering products and services through our direct operations, network of Stewart Trusted Providers™ and family of companies. From residential and commercial title insurance and closing and settlement services to specialized offerings for the mortgage industry, we offer the comprehensive service, deep expertise and solutions our customers need for any real estate transaction. At Stewart, we believe in building strong relationships – and these partnerships are the cornerstone of every closing, every transaction and every deal.
Financial Planning & Analysis Intern
Join our team as an intern and you’ll get hands on with real projects from day one – learning all about the industry and gaining an insight into life at Stewart. It’s a chance to discover and build upon your strengths, a chance to find out more about our opportunities, and a chance to decide if you want to make Stewart your home.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Actively partner with the FP&A team to gain knowledge of Stewart, the various groups within the Finance group and the functions they serve to support the overall success of Stewart
o Will include direct exposure to Accounting as well
o Likely to interface with other organizations and functions within Stewart to perform duties
· Assist with development of financial analysis, capital budgeting process, forecasting and other high value analysis
· Develop business insight, reporting and analysis to be delivered to Senior Management
· Assists in development and population of various recurring reports and analysis for distribution to internal leadership
· Ad hoc analysis to support various internal initiatives and non-recurring projects
· Assist with the creation and deliver enhanced management reports / dashboards that allow Operating Segments to better understand Operating Segment performance and trends and make informed decisions
· Partner with the Accounting organization to support reporting requirements
· Performs other duties as assigned by Manager
· Pursuing a Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree, majoring in Finance or Accounting
· Possess strong Microsoft Office skills, intermediate plus user of Excel
· Able to quickly grasp and utilize new technology and leverage to perform role
· Enhanced communication skills, both written and oral
· Must be organized with focus on detail and able to function well in a multi-task oriented environment
· Exhibit a professional and positive attitude as a team player
· Ability to naturally analyze, prioritize, AND synthesize all types of information to allow timely and effective business impact on a consistent basis
· Sufficient balance of wisdom, flexibility, intelligence, confidence and ability to prioritize to be able to operate (both as individual and as team leader) at a very high level of effectiveness in an extremely demanding, driven and execution-oriented environment
· Unquestioned integrity and ability to maintain required confidentiality associated with this key financial position
Stewart. Real partners. Real possibilities.™ More information can be found at http://www.stewart.com, subscribe to the Stewart blog at http://blog.stewart.com or follow Stewart on Twitter® @stewarttitleco.
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Stewart is committed to ensuring that its online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact us by calling 1-800-729-1900 option 1 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment and Nondiscrimination
At Stewart, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. Stewart takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are recruited and employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to their age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, history of disability, veteran status, nationality, or sex/gender. Some state or local laws also specifically prohibit discrimination on the basis of additional classifications, which may include ancestry, citizenship status, political affiliation, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status and/or parental status.