Stolt Tank Containers (STC) is a global provider of logistics, maintenance and management services for door-to-door shipment of bulk liquid chemicals and food grade products.
With a fleet of more than 40,000 tank containers, STC is the only operator with its own worldwide network of 22 owned and joint-venture depots. Our team of highly trained personnel are here to help improve your supply chain management, minimize costs and increase efficiencies.
With STC, customers know that their cargoes and the tanks carrying them are continually under the watchful eye of STC and its globally applied operating standards, ensuring reliability and safety for people and the environment. STC’s depot network enables the division to deliver a demonstrably superior combination of quality, service and reliability to customers worldwide.
Read more: www.stolttankcontainers.com
Our Internship Program
Stolt Nielsen’s Internship Program is designed to provide College and University enrolled or recently graduated students with a meaningful experience within the supply chain and maritime industry. The students are given an opportunity to gain a valuable corporate or operations learning experience through a finite project determined by each department. Projects vary for each intern assignment depending on the needs of the department, and each will provide the intern with both a meaningful and relevant work experience. Internships are a minimum of a ten to twelve week commitment. A mentor will be assigned to each intern to help guide them through their experience. Interns will be asked to conduct a presentation to their department outlining their internship experience.
- Execute and implement operational activities according to customer requests and management direction. To maximize the number of profitable moves handled and to keep costs to a minimum while maintaining a high quality level of service.
- Prepare or arrange documentation necessary for the proper handling of container moves throughout entire supply chain. Maintain operations files in accordance with STC policies and updating systems correctly and in timely manner.
- Consistent and timely communications of shipment progress/movement, cost details, equipment related matters and issues to customers, vendors, 3rd parties and STC’s worldwide network of offices.
- Work with ops analysts, accounting and Management to resolve, clarify and correct questioned or outstanding vendor and customer invoices.
- To participate as and when required in customer meetings. Liaise with the operational account managers, supervisors and sales on matters that affect commercial relationships.
- The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
- Currently enrolled as a Maritime Administration, Supply Chain/Logistics or related major at an accredited college/university
- Must be a junior or higher (undergrad) at an accredited university
- Available for 40 hours per week June 1st- August 13th