This internship is an opportunity for someone passionate about marketing to gain valuable hands-on experience in B2B marketing and will assist our Sr. Marketing Manager in the execution of marketing campaigns to boost brand awareness and sales.
The Marketing Intern will support programs managed by the Marketing Department and be responsible for assisting with marketing campaigns, list development, marketing content creation, database maintenance, social media programs and event marketing, including:
- Learn marketing automation (Marketo) best practices for email operations and then assist in the execution of email marketing campaigns.
- Help maintain company database and customer relationship management systems (CRM).
- Assist in the creation of written, video, and image content for marketing channels.
- Assists in planning and executing SEM, paid social media, and display advertising campaigns to attract new sales leads.
- Help organize marketing events.
- Creativity: This is essential as you will be helping to create unique content and generate new ideas for future marketing initiatives.
- Analytical: Use data and insights to determine strategies and ways forward.
- Communication Skills: You will work with and provide deliverables to many people across the organization, so effective and timely communication is critical.
- Project Management: Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail, and juggling multiple tasks and priorities at the same time.
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive.
- Solid understanding of different marketing techniques.
- Passion for the marketing industry and its best practices.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with marketing computer software and online applications (e.g. CRM tools, Online analytics and Google Ads)
- Familiarity with creative design software (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Premier Pro or Camtasia)
- Current student (Junior or Senior Level) or recent graduate of a bachelor’s business or marketing degree program
- 3.0 GPA or higher
Workplace will be in Houston. Work remotely at first but could transition to working at the office 1 – 2 days a week.
StormGeo is looking for an intern/contract assistant that is able to work an agreed upon standard schedule (up to 20 hours). Long term contract of 6 to 8 months available. Pay is $16/hour.