At Stout, we’re dedicated to exceeding expectations in all we do – we call it Relentless Excellence(SM). Both our client service and culture are second to none, stemming from our firmwide embrace of our core values: Positive and Team-Oriented, Accountable, Committed, Relationship-Focused, Super-Responsive, and being Great communicators. Sound like a place you can grow and succeed? Read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity to join our team.
Seeking a full time Analyst as a team member in the business and intangible assets valuation group for closely held and publicly traded companies. Analysts/Associates will work on a variety of assignments in numerous industries.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Analysts are responsible for developing financial models, performing economic and industry research, and creating presentations and reports that are submitted to our clients. Our services are utilized for many purposes including:
- Financial, tax, and regulatory requirements
- Purchase price allocation and goodwill impairment studies
- Employee stock ownership plans
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Fairness and solvency opinions
- Estate and gift taxation
- Intellectual property disputes
- Shareholder disputes
- Property taxation
- Feasibility studies
- Financing purposes
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Intermediate/advanced understanding of financial theory and general accounting issues
- Basic/intermediate understanding of pertinent financial reporting guidance related to purchase accounting and goodwill impairment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced computer skills (primarily Excel and Word)
- Relationship-focused (with clients, peers, management, etc.)
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Excels in a team-oriented work environment
- Shows creativity in problem solving
- Accountability and ability to multi-task
- Professional presence
Education and/or Training:
- 4-year degree necessary, with an emphasis in Finance or Accounting
- Analyst: 1+ years of experience in finance or accounting-related field required
Our goal is to provide a comprehensive Total Rewards program that includes competitive compensation, benefits & wellness programs that allows employees to choose what’s most important to them at any life stage. At Stout, we are committed to the personal and professional development of our employees while fostering a diverse and inclusive environment.
We honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals. We are committed to representing and including the unique experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds of our people, partners, and the communities we serve. Our core values embrace a culture of inclusion and the equitable treatment of all team members, starting with Stout’s leadership and spreading across the organization. We strive to recruit, develop, and retain individuals with an array of talents, ideas, and experiences that propel the entrepreneurial spirit and exceptionalism that drive our success. To learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, click here.
To foster employee development we offer ongoing training and learning opportunities, employee resources groups, mentorship programming, reimburse professional designations and organization memberships, and provide ongoing 360 feedback and quarterly performance check-in’s.
Stout Benefits :
Stout offers a variety of benefits to meet the ever-changing needs of our employees throughout their career at Stout. View our Benefits page to see what this can look like for you.
Flexible Work Schedules:
Work-life balance is important to us and we want our employees to have balanced lives, which is why we have a discretionary time off policy for all salaried exempt employees. This gives you the ability to take time off as appropriate.