Hours: Average of 12 Hours/week
*Hours may vary dependent upon candidate’s availability/work pace, total assignment hours not to exceed 96 hours in total for the duration of the assignment.
Assignment Term Length: December 1, 2020 – January 30, 2021
*8 weeks, some flexibility with commencement and completion dates.
*Strongly prefer a candidate based in Oregon.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Surfrider Foundation is seeking an experienced individual with a background in digital communications and a strong interest in marine conservation to support the development of new communication and education projects.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop a new collaborative marine reserve newsletter in Mailchimp
- Develop digital content for social media, including graphics and written content
- Support development and design of marine education activity guide
- Research and present creative ideas for fundraising
- Support planning of virtual educational events
- Miscellaneous projects and assignments as needed
Reports to: Co-Managed by Oregon Policy Manager and Oregon Field Manager
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience using WordPress, Mailchimp, Facebook, and Instagram
- Experience/Comfort working with light digital design programs
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Ability to work effectively from a remote home office
- Ability to be highly organized with strong follow through
- Ability to work independently
- Educational experience in environmental or marine science and/or related fields is extremely beneficial and preferred.