OVERVIEW OF OPPORTUNITY
Be a part of a fast-paced start up positioned for growth, gain insight and experience on investor relations, market-analysis, and financial modeling.
Work directly with founding CEO, Brooke Waupsh, who has experience driving growth for established brands such as Coors, Clorox, and Charles Schwab, as well as taking an early stage fin-tech brand nationwide, leading to a successful exit. Brooke is an award-winning marketer, was a “Profile in Power” finalist by the Austin Business Journal, has been named a “Female Disruptor” by Authority Magazine, and has been a two-time finalist in the Austin Under 40 awards for Innovation and Start-up.
Brooke founded Swoovy in 2018 as a platform to connect individuals through volunteering. The company has a dating app in Austin, TX, where singles can match and volunteer as a date, and have recently rolled out a corporate employee volunteer platform to support companies nationwide.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Following a recent round of investment, Swoovy is looking to fill a part-time finance internship for key projects. The role is a remote position, weekly Zoom meetings.
- Conduct a market opportunity assessment to explore key industry verticals.
- Identify total available market, serviceable attainable market, and opportunity market for four specific segments.
- Develop investor material based off of market insight and financial assessment.
Research on government issued funding for programs supporting small business and nonprofit initiatives and craft responses for Request for Proposals (RFP) and Request for Quotes (RFQs).
- Fine-tune five year financial model based on new market assumptions and benchmarks.
- Translate financial model to working budget within Quickbooks.
- Develop AR process for new billing and subscriptions within Zoho.
- Create PROFORMA templates for key buying decision makers.
YOU SHOULD APPLY IF YOU:
Are a Finance major
- Have strong analytical, problem solving, and research skills.
- Are a self-starter
- Have Excellent time management, attention to detail and follow-up
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to make presentations
- Are looking to be a part of an early-stage company with the opportunity to drive huge impact!
5-10 hours a week through December. A weekly Zoom meeting and status update required.
$15 / hr.