This position is responsible for supporting the various business units, systems, and vendors within the T-Mobile U.S. Billing and OSS application layer. The qualified candidate will understand how organizations function to accomplish their goals, driving daily objectives of application support and providing the best possible service to the group’s dependent thereof. The qualified candidate will facilitate interdepartmental communication to provide overall clarity, gain alignment, and achieve successful resolution as a part of the ITIL Service Delivery model. This role plans, directs, and completes the analysis of business and technology problems, as well as governs changes to supported products/services. The qualified candidate will provide technical consultation in correcting identified system defects and partner in the planning efforts for future system/process enhancements; this done with an end-goal of ensuring production reliability and optimizing operational systems for business growth and user experience.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, vendor management, results focus and high-level technical abilities. Expected to engage with the product at every stage, from design, through testing and then into production and support. Support the business in delivering a world-class customer experience to our partners by ensuring maximum operability of our systems. Uptime, response time and customer responsiveness are paramount.
- Primarily supports the user experience for Metro by T-Mobile retail frontline applications.
- Partner with the development team for consultation and input on projects within areas of support.
- Utilizes existing toolsets to work, track, and resolve issues within the primary functional area.
- Cross-functionally supports the Frontline Experience team and wider application set within the T-Mobile ecosystem.
- Manages production outages and escalations end-to-end, ensuring the correct stakeholders are involved to be able to drive resolution, and communicating to impacted business units.
- Available for a weekly on call program to support production.
- Assists management and other team members in ensuring production stability through understanding of business needs, changes being implemented and high-level technical flows.
- Provides subject matter expertise (SME) leadership and consulting support on complex tasks related to the primary functions of the position.
- Initiates and executes initiatives to improve functional processes, procedures, and tools utilized by the team.
- Reviews deliverables and provides input/training for other team members.
- Strong understanding of other business channels.
- Contributes to process improvement initiatives (Continue Service Improvement, CSI)
- Utilizes ticketing system to manage and understand ticket queues.
- Ensure all new products, services, and features have detailed telemetry to be able to alarm on any production impacting event prior to escalations from users and business teams.
- Proficient at identifying sources and trends of technical problems to prevent future occurrences.
- Manages day-to-day support issues ensuring effective and timely resolution. Duties include resolving and tracking user issues; designing, specifying, testing and documenting program modifications and functional enhancements.
- Creates and maintains operational requirements and standards for applications.
- Reviews design and provides risk assessments on change and delivery.
- Assists with maintaining operational security through reporting and communication of security breaches.
- Creates and guides team to create and maintain operational documentation.
- 3 years’ experience working in IT Operations environments preferred.
- 3 years’ experience in troubleshooting customer related tickets (preferably related to a Billing system) and Vendor Management experience is required.
- Experience in resolving P1, P2 & EP3 Production issues, ensuring effective & timely resolution of issues in the production environment by reviewing & following up emails and provide updates to Production bridges & Management on issues with higher priority.
- Experience in performing systems analysis in the Support & Operation of a large Telecom class enterprise retail system. Great troubleshooting & analytical skills are required.
- Ability to report on analytical findings in a consumable fashion (strong organizational skills & attention to detail) and to take ownership of issues to assist with root cause analysis & resolution, are required.
- Assist in determining the degree of customer impact and provide respective updates. Identify sources & trends of production issues to prevent future occurrences.
- Serve as an escalation point for difficult system problems & complex inquiries.
- Available to provide 24×7 on-call rotational support, as needed for operational issues.
- Understanding of Database and constructing of basic SQL queries are highly preferred.
- Experience in Unix, Shell programming/Perl scripts and SQL is highly preferred.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills; effectively able to communicate with all employee levels.
- Experience in working with members of the project/product management team, business subject matter experts (SME’s), and executive leadership to develop and implement viable solutions.
- Demonstrates competent consulting skills and experience in bridging gaps between technology and business operations.
- Must be proficient and have experience using MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- ITIL Foundations preferred.
At least 18 years of age
Legally authorized to work in the United States
High School Diploma or GED
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We take equal opportunity seriously—by choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.