About Talos Energy:
Talos Energy (“Talos”) is a technically driven independent oil and gas exploration and production company focused on safely and efficiently maximizing long-term value through our operations, currently in the United States Gulf of Mexico and offshore Mexico. As one of the US Gulf’s largest public independent producers, we leverage decades of geology, geophysics and offshore operations expertise towards the acquisition, exploration, exploitation and development of assets in key geological trends that are present in many offshore basins around the world.
Talos is currently seeking highly motivated and ambitious students. Our internship program allows the students to be part of a culture that rewards collaboration, technical excellence and innovation
Talos Energy is currently looking for a Land Intern for the summer of 2021. This position will work directly with Landmen and Land Administration professionals who manage the Company’s commercial agreements, leases and business development. This position will be assigned multiple projects and upon completion of such projects, the Intern will be expected to present findings and recommendations to management.
In addition, they will be exposed to the regular responsibilities of a Landman which include:
· Research, preparation and negotiation of various agreements to meet company objectives including trades, settlements, participation agreements, joint ventures, confidentiality agreements, farmouts/farmins, operating agreements, production handling agreements, gas balancing agreements, etc.
· Interface with G&G and engineers in the development of opportunities in existing fields to help achieve objectives.
· Responsible for business development in assigned areas.
· Prepare budgets, create drilling scenarios, and review of leases, option payments and amendments to the oil and gas leases.
· Learn to negotiate, draft and close acquisition agreements. Supports in-house processes of organizing and analyzing title documents and performing internal title transactions and performing title due diligence on M&A opportunities
· Participates as a team member of the asset team for a particular geographical region
· Build strong relationships with contacts outside company to obtain information and access to available opportunities.
• Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Petroleum Land Management (PLM)
· Completed 3 years of degree by time of internship
• Minimum 3.0 GPA
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability and desire to work within multi-disciplinary teams
• Detailed oriented with strong organization skills
• Capable of performing administrative tasks such as filing, organizing and copying
• Self driven
• Possess good time management skills
· Relocation assistance is not available for this position.