We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
The Accounting and Financial Reporting Team is growing to meet the needs of our growing business.
We are seeking an Accountant who has recently graduated who is eager to learn all aspects of the accounting function on the Houston team. This individual will develop skills and competencies to establish and maintain accounting controls and provide analysis for financial statements. Expected start date June 2021.
What you’ll do
- Records all required transactions timely to ensure appropriate reporting results
- Performs monthly general ledger and bank reconciliations
- Supports the financial planning, analysis and reporting efforts of the company, including internal and external reporting
- Assists in preparing FERC Form 3Qs and Form 2s
- Assist in providing accounting support to auditors and maintaining appropriate accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Makes routine decisions within established guidelines and procedures
- Participates in various job duties/responsibilities and special projects as directed by the leader
- University Degree in Accounting
- Prior relevant experience – part-time or internship in accounting or relevant industry
- Minimum 3.25 GPA
- CPA eligible
- Extracurricular activity participation or leadership (i.e. student government, team sports, or other organizations)
- Team player and ability to meet requirements under the pressure of deadlines
- Experience with Excel and Word
- Oil and Gas (O&G)/Energy Accounting certificate or relevant coursework
- Thrives on receiving feedback
- Enjoys working in a team environment
- Ability to analyze issues and trouble shoot accounting problems
- Enjoys giving attention to detail and accuracy
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Based in Houston, this role supports our natural gas pipelines business in the US.
Apply to this posting by 02/01/2021 using reference code 78803. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. government.
Thank you for choosing to grow your career with TC Energy.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* Consistent with our employment practices, we reserve the right to consider the cost of relocation when making internal hiring decisions.