We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
To remain competitive, support our high-performance culture and allow for more flexibility in the way we work, we offer a hybrid work model and flexible dress code for our eligible office-based workforce in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico.
TC Energy Wants to Know…
Are you up for the challenge? We’re on the lookout for students enrolled in Construction Management, Construction Engineering, Engineering or related programs for May 2022 internships.
We engage our students in the very core of our operations. As a valued member of the team, you’ll do exciting, challenging work, solve real world problems, and make a meaningful impact. You’ll learn about the business and build your professional network by working closely with other skilled people at TC Energy.
The Business Optimization (BO) team supports critical, cross-functional initiatives within the US Natural Gas (USNG) business unit. The BO team is primarily responsible for developing and implementing sustainable business strategies with a focus on change management.
The role is based in Houston, TX.
Tasks could be:
- Thinking critically and proactively to understand the needs of the organization
- Collaborating with teams to understand business needs and support development of sustainable implementation strategies
- Leverage data analytics skills to support visualization of data – developing useful reports that measure optimization and provide tangible results
- Continuously learn and apply learnings to new initiatives
- Actively enrolled in a Project Management, Construction Management, Construction Engineering, Engineering or related programs, with at least four semesters of education complete and at least one semester remaining following your work term
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Program Management experience
- Passion for excellence
- Ability to accurately analyze information and deal with ambiguity
- Ability to multi-task effectively, with strong organizational and time management skills
- Able to prioritize and organize work
- Strong interpersonal and communicative skills to work efficiently in a collaborative team environment
- Committed to building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Exhibit a safety mindset, in a professional and personal setting
- Must exhibit the TC Energy corporate values and incorporate them into work activities and initiatives: safety, responsibility, integrity and collaboration
- Legally entitled to work in the U.S. permanently without requiring sponsorship
- Experience working in a dynamic and challenging environment, and adaptable to changing priorities
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity
- Reflective and committed to continuous improvement and personal development
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.