We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for interns who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
STUDENT INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY: Three-month term, starting in May 2021.
Are you up for the challenge? TC Energy is looking for business students for our field operations teams. We engage our business analyst interns in the core of our operations. As a valued member of the team, you will do exciting, challenging work, solve real world problems and make a meaningful impact. You will learn our business and build strong professional networks. You will be working with other experienced and skill people at TC Energy. Positions are based in Houston, TX.
Interns will work with DOT compliance personnel throughout the US Natural Gas footprint to observe the means and methods required to remain compliant with all DOT standards and regulations. You will learn and apply industry and company safety standards in the workplace (both field and office). This experience will allow you to gain exposure to data gathering and analysis, problem solving, forecasting, and data driven decision making. In addition, you will learn the regulatory aspects of interstate natural gas transmission service and our strategy for compliance. You will also gain experience in the application of direct and indirect influence on project teams while participating in an inclusive environment. Throughout the summer you will engage with project teams in the office and field to identify challenges and opportunities in the project execution cycle, perform as a team member to create solutions in a collaborative environment that results in better project outcomes and gain an understanding of the project lifecycle.
- Actively enrolled in a business degree granting program, or equivalent, with at least one semester of education complete and will be returning to school for at least one semester following your work term
- Exhibit a safety mindset, in a professional and personal setting
- Exhibit TC Energy corporate values of safety, responsibility, integrity and collaboration, and incorporate them into work activities and initiatives
- Authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions
- Strong Excel Capabilities
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Data Analytic Knowledge
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting using reference code 73905. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. government.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.