We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
To remain competitive, support our high-performance culture and allow for more flexibility in the way we work, we offer a hybrid work model and flexible dress code for our eligible office-based workforce in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico.
TC Energy Wants to Know…
Are you up for the challenge? We’re on the lookout for students enrolled in Supply Chain programs or related disciplines for May 2022 internships.
We engage our students in the very core of our operations. As a valued member of the team, you’ll do exciting, challenging work, solve real world problems, and make a meaningful impact. You’ll learn about the business and build your professional network by working closely with other skilled people at TC Energy.
The Materials Procurement Team is engaged in the buying and expediting function for all the materials and many of the services that are needed for our assets.
This role is based in Houston, TX.
Tasks could be:
- Assist with buying and expediting operational materials
- Resolution of product/service acquisition issues and challenges
- Other tasks as required, such as reporting and data analysis
- Actively enrolled in a Supply Chain programs or related disciplines with at least two semesters of education complete and at least one semester remaining following your work term
- Ability to be innovative and thoughtful
- Excellent critical analysis and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy, strong organization, time management, and planning skills
- Initiative (self-motivated), able to work independently and within a team environment
- Team player with the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams and to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to build strong and effective working relationships at all levels, both internal and external to the organization, including senior management
- Must exhibit the TC Energy corporate values and incorporate them into work activities and initiatives: safety, responsibility, integrity and collaboration
- Legally entitled to work in the U.S. permanently without requiring sponsorship
- Committed to building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to accurately analyze information and deal with ambiguity
- Experience working in a dynamic and challenging environment, and adaptable to changing priorities
- Ability to multi-task effectively, with strong organizational and time management skills
- Reflective and committed to continuous improvement and personal development
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.