We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for interns who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
STUDENT INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY: Three-month term, starting in May 2021.
Are you up for the challenge? TC Energy is looking for Information Management and Business students for our field operations teams. We engage our interns in the core of our operations. As a valued member of the team, you will do exciting, challenging work, solve real world problems and make a meaningful impact. You will learn our business and build strong professional networks. You will be working with other experienced and skill people at TC Energy. Positions are based in Houston, TX.
Our US Gas Projects (USGP) Technical Services team delivers strategic improvement initiatives related to our people, processes, and technology for the USGP execution teams. This group works with various Corporate and US Natural Gas functions to develop strategies and deliver solutions to improve how we execute projects. The team is seeking a student to follow and ensure compliance with TC Energy’s Information Management processes and procedures. This student will compare and validate master document registers from completed projects against required document templates. The student will analyze gaps and identify trends while supporting and training project team members on the preparation of master document registers. Additionally, the selected student will explore opportunities for automation of activities related to preparation of master document registers and work with project teams to ensure documents required for turnover to operations are identified, tracked and reported.
- Exhibit a safety mindset, in a professional and personal setting
- Exhibit TC Energy corporate values of safety, responsibility, integrity and collaboration, and incorporate them into work activities and initiatives
- Authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions
- Actively enrolled in an Information Management, Business, or related degree program, with at least one semester of education complete.
- Enrolled full time the semester prior to the work term and will be returning to school for at least one semester following your work term
- Ability to function effectively in a multi-team environment
- Ability to adapt to changing multiple dynamic priorities
- Experience with information management processes and software applications preferred
- Excellent analytical and proactive problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and results-driven
- Excellent time management skills
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting using reference code 73903. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. government.
Thank you for choosing to grow your career with TC Energy.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* Consistent with our employment practices, we reserve the right to consider the cost of relocation when making internal hiring decisions.