WHO WE ARE:
The Teacher Retirement System of Texas is the largest public retirement system in Texas, serving more than 1.5 million people. Innovation, technology, and collaboration make the difference as we strive to continue earning your trust every day. TRS improves the retirement security of Texas public education employees through our ‘best in class’ investment management and delivery of pension and health care benefits.
Our Mission: Improving the retirement security of TRS members by prudently investing and managing the Trust assets and delivering benefits that make a positive difference in their lives.
The Senior Talent Management Business Partner performs advanced (senior-level) people engagement and performance work to support the Investment Management Division of the Teacher Retirement System (TRS) of Texas. Work involves overseeing employee performance management efforts, employee engagement programs and initiatives, and supporting the growth and enhancement of the existing leadership and management development programs. Works under minimal supervision with extensive latitude for initiative and independent judgment. This position reports to the Chief Talent Management Officer.
Compensation: The TRS Investment Management Division offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, annual performance incentive bonus (65% Maximum Award Opportunity), a defined-benefit pension plan as well as 401(k) and 457 retirement plans, and comprehensive benefits. Starting salary is commensurate with experience.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Leads annual cycle of Career Development Programs and manages associated tools and processes.
• Responsible for leading and defining employee engagement initiatives, including but not limited to 90-day reviews and Stay Interviews.
• Oversees, promotes, and develops employee recognition awards and programs.
• Analyzes agency’s employee engagement surveys and identifies opportunities for improvements.
• Conducts Exit Interviews and analyzes and reports on systemic trends, making recommendations to IMD management to address items of concern.
• Supports the ongoing evolution of the Performance Management Process working in collaboration with the Chief Talent Management Officer and IMD business leaders, which includes providing advice and recommendations to IMD management for improvements and enhancements.
• Leads annual execution and review of the IMD performance management process and tools (which includes planning, training, year-end review, calibration, etc.),
• Provides ongoing oversight and support to ensure that performance measures are being used to effectively manage operations, identify and manage risks, and support IMD initiatives and goals.
• Leads the development of programs which emphasize a culture of constructive feedback, mentoring and coaching at all levels of the organization.
• Plans, develops, and evaluates programs designed to develop and enhance leadership skills in existing and future leaders and employees.
• Manages and periodically reports on employees requesting and leveraging professional coaching for development.
• Partners with the IMD Learning and Development Manager to manage and further develop the existing IMD Leadership and Management Development programs.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
· Bachelor’s or advanced degree from an accredited college or university.
· Eight (8) years of progressively responsible human resources experience.
· Two (2) to three (3) years of experience developing, implementing, or monitoring performance management processes.
· Experience in management and leadership development.
· Experience with employee engagement initiatives.
· Experience engaging with multiple stakeholder groups.
· Experience may run concurrently.
· Disciplined self-starter; resourceful and able to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
· Experience working with subject matter experts (SMEs) and cross functional teams.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Tracking project steps, responsibilities, issues, stakeholders, milestones, etc.
· Intermediate to Advance knowledge of Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Collaborating as part of a team and also working independently to deliver results.
· Perform analysis on key process metrics and recommend process improvements that maximize efficiencies.
· Create reports and document processes as needed.
· Effectively communicate both orally and in writing, and to communicate with and influence peers and leaders.
· Deliver results with minimal supervision in a dynamic and often ambiguous environment.
· Establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, agency staff, external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional environment.
Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) Codes:
Veterans, Reservists or Guardsmen with experience in the Military Occupational Specialty ( http://www.hr.sao.texas.gov/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_AdministrativeSupport.pdf ) along with the minimum qualifications listed above may meet the minimum requirements and are highly encouraged to apply. Please contact Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for additional information.
To view all job vacancies, visit www.trs.texas.gov/careers or www.trs.csod.com/careersite.
For more information, visit www.trs.texas.gov.