Want to make an impact? Use your BI and data analytics skills in a more meaningful way? Our expectations? Understand our vision and apply your intellect to draw insights from our data, create dashboards, visualizations and business tools for use throughout Finance and across the organization. Finance is a microcosm within a larger organization where we value outcomes and skill, where you can take your hard earned knowledge and make outsized impacts across the enterprise. Do you want to use your advanced knowledge at an organization that places a high-value on work-life balance, great benefits and a family atmosphere? Join our fast paced Finance team that's what you'll get plus a whole lot more! We'll add in 12 – 15 paid holidays a year plus great retirement benefits. Most of all, you'll be making a positive difference in the lives of over 1.5 million Texas public education employees. This is an excellent opportunity for a driven go-getter to show their initiative and grow professionally in a great team atmosphere!
Here at TRS, we don't just fill positions. We recruit the best and brightest, and we'd love to hear more about you!
State Classification: (0654/Data Analyst V/B26/Exempt)
State Classification (0655/Data Analyst II/B28/Exempt)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS/LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Information Technology or a related field.
- Five (5) years of full-time business analyst, systems analyst, financial analyst, accounting, financial reporting, or related experience.
- Two (2) years of business or data analysis experience.
- One (1) year of finance, accounting or related experience.
- Experience with MS SQL and Power BI.
- Experience may be concurrent.
- Six (6) years of full-time business analyst, systems analyst, financial analyst, accounting, financial reporting, or related experience.
- Three (3) years of business or data analysis experience.
- Two (2) years of finance, accounting or related experience.
Registration, Certification, or Licensure:
- Experience working with a star-schema data warehouse or other data analytic data structures such as Hive, Hadoop, SSAS, Snowflake, etc.
- Knowledge of R, Python or Matlab.
- Knowledge of State of Texas accounting and budgeting procedures, practices, and terminology.