TEGNA is seeking a Business Development Strategist based in Dallas, TX who will be responsible for generating a consistent weekly stream of new qualified prospects for their sales pipeline and work with our account executives to pursue together. This is a sales role that will focus on the sales efforts of the Washington DC or Denver metro area while based in Dallas, TX and will be tasked with growing new revenue from enterprise accounts.
If you can answer yes to these questions, this job might be right for you:
- Do you love being on the phone with prospects and clients?
- Do you have the discipline to build a weekly sales activity plan and stick to it
- Are you an ambitious self-starter that enjoys the autonomy of creating your own success?
- Do you have strong business acumen and understand industry verticals/categories?
- Are you endlessly curious about the businesses of clients and what drives their success?
- Would you like to be a part of reshaping the way a media company operates
- Would you like to play a role in building small and medium sized businesses through TEGNA’s multiple media solutions?
- Do you like the intensity of a fast-moving environment?
- Independently develop list of prospects to pursue within targeted categories and build out pipeline.
- Generate new qualified prospects through outbound phone calls and email marketing campaigns and work with account executives while ensuring proper follow up.
- Connect with small to medium sized businesses across the region.
- Create their own valid business reasons for reaching out to prospects.
- Collaborate with the sales team in developing new opportunities and leads through research and insights.
- Set the vision and the strategy for how our products are equipped to reach their best potential customers whenever and wherever they’re consuming media.
- Generate new qualified prospects through current lead generation software, programs, trade publications, etc.
- Communicate TEGNA media value proposition.
- Set in person meetings and work with sales staff to attend meeting and pitch the prospect.
- Driving new television and digital sales by assessing and facilitating the use of best practices in solutions-based selling.
- Create/execute/monitor/track reporting on the new qualified prospects sales pipeline.
- Present in bi-weekly meetings with the management team.
- Network regionally and locally to stay abreast of emerging media trends and product solutions.
- Ongoing and ad hoc individual and team sales activity.