Great internship opportunity that could lead to a full time role for the right person. You will work directly for the TG Energy Accounting Manager and be a key position for the success of the company. A few abilities are listed below and it will be preferable to have some knowledge of all.
- Develops system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
- Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Ensure all backup for expenses are coded to the correct GL codes.
- Process and code monthly credit card account charges, reconcile, request any missing back-up
- Maintain all AR and AP data entries and reconciliations each month
- Communicate with clients and vendors all payment requirements and submissions
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Coordinate all financial reconciliations and financial statements with company CPA
- Provide company financials to management by due date. Coordinate with accounting to ensure this happens each month
- Work with Project Administration and Controls to obtain all needed field timesheet information to process payroll each week for the company
- Ensure payroll accuracy prior to submitting to management for approval
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Ensure all other assigned task are completed as required
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Coding vendor invoices, submitting into accounting software
· Enter invoices into company system
· Review and reconcile client payments on a daily basis
· Review and process expense reports weekly and verify back up
Skills and Qualifications
Developing Standards, Analyzing Information , Dealing with Complexity, Reporting Research Results, Data Entry Skills, Accounting, SFAS Rules, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Thoroughness