The Children’s Movement of Florida is looking for a student to serve as an intern this spring. This is a remote internship and interns will report to the Outreach and Engagement Coordinator. They will assist in daily activities and, with guidance from staff, support them in various projects during their time at The Children’s Movement of Florida. Only Florida-based applicants will be considered for this position.
- Conduct research on early childhood policy, advocacy, and related issues
- Attend and report on community meetings and events across the state
- Assist in planning and executing virtual outreach events and legislative engagement projects through research, calls, and developing resources.
- Assist with marketing, campaign development, and communications as needed
- Demonstrated interest in early childhood policy and advocacy in the state of Florida
- Must be enrolled in a relevant undergraduate, graduate or postgraduate academic program
- Strong interpersonal skills, willingness to learn, and ability to work within a team
- Strong writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Reliable internet connectivity, computer and work space
- Bilingual is a plus
Minimum 20 – 25 hours a week and a 3-month commitment (February through May). The Children’s Movement does NOT provide housing or transportation. Academic credit or a modest stipend of $500 a month will be offered.
How to Apply:
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until position is filled. Interested candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter to Daniela Villasmil at Daniela.Villasmil@childrensmovementflorida.org with the subject line: “Spring Internship”.