The Climate Reality Project is a nonprofit organization founded by former Vice President Al Gore. Our mission is to empower a global cultural movement demanding immediate action on the climate crisis using cutting-edge advertising and communications strategies to demonstrate the urgency and solvability of the climate crisis.
The Climate Reality Project offers a paid internship program to qualified candidates in several areas of interest including communications, grassroots organizing and development. Every Climate Reality intern is assigned an intern mentor who is responsible for ensuring that the intern experience is educational and rewarding. The overall objective is for the intern to gain as much knowledge and experience as possible while working with the organization.
The Climate Reality Leadership Corps is one of the organization’s core programs, initially launched in June of 2006 by Nobel Laureate and former Vice President Al Gore. This team is responsible for the long-term engagement of our trained volunteers, called Climate Reality Leaders.
We are looking for a sharp intern to assist us in Spring 2022.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Discovering and proposing new opportunities for engagement for Climate Reality Leaders within our campaigns
- Researching and tracking Climate Reality Leader related news
- Assisting with webinar research and logistics
- Conducting recruitment outreach to current and potential future Climate Reality Leaders
- Providing on-going communications via emails or phone calls to Climate Reality Leaders
- Assisting with the production of materials for Climate Reality Leaders including social media posts, blog posts, etc.
- Working to grow our new Climate Reality Chapters program focused on local community climate action groups
- Assist creatively and otherwise with Reality Hub, our community engagement platform for Climate Reality Leaders
Our Washington, DC office is presently closed due to the COVID-19 health emergency. Therefore, we will accept remote applicants who reside or attend school in the following states: CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MD, ME, NC, NY, OR, PA, TN, and VA. Relocation to the DC office may be required once the health emergency is lifted.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem solving and experience working on a team
- An interest in environmental advocacy and solving the climate crisis
- Experience with Excel
- Experience in volunteer education and outreach
- Prior work in nonprofit advocacy, the climate movement, and/or political campaigns
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion training or experience
- This position requires a minimum of 15 hours per week and a maximum of 30 hours
- This position requires availability on Tuesdays for all staff meetings and Wednesdays for team meetings
To Apply: Send a resume, cover letter and dates of availability to: email@example.com Please use this subject line: Engagement Support Team Internship. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
The Climate Reality Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.