The Intern position supporting the GSTS Supply Chain IT team will have the opportunity to work with both operations (Vehicle Processing Center, Parts Distribution Center) facilities in this role. Their primary focus will be in support of the LDM (Lean Daily Management) activities and the key operational metrics GSTS has in place to foster an environment of continuous improvement.
Other duties as assigned.
- Attend regular (weekly) AIM & LDM calls providing support to our internal IT team preparation
- Provide data gather / metrics tracking support to both the VPC and PDC teams
- Provide analysis & make recommendations based on data trends & findings when available
- Update appropriate trackers across both the VPC & PDC on a weekly basis
- Highly proficient in excel with ability to create pivot tables, v-lookups
- Prior experience with the suite of MS Office products – PowerPoint
- Develop and leverage strong partnerships with IT and business leadership.
- Strong communication skills – written, oral and presentation
- Team player, quick learner
- Preferred – familiarity with SharePoint lists and MS Project
Rising Junior or Senior enrolled in a 4 year Accredited College or University pursuing a degree in MIS, Industrial Engineering/Distribution or Supply Chain or related field.
GPA 3.0 or above
Authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
The Friedkin Group and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain drug-free workplaces by conducting pre-employment drug testing.
**This position is based at our GST- VPC Location in North Houston (77073).