The Mather Group, LLC (TMG) is one of the fastest-growing independent, fee-only registered investment advisory firms in the country, offering comprehensive financial planning services while keeping our clients’ best interests in mind. We find the most cost-effective investment strategies, and clients pay only for our financial advice.
- Approximately $6.8 Billion in assets under management
- Seven offices in established markets: Chicago, Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, Austin, Philadelphia Area, Knoxville, and a presence in the San Francisco Bay Area
- 100+ staff members and growing
- Named #43 on RIA Channel’s Top 100 Wealth Managers (2020)
- Named to Barron’s Top 100 Independent Advisor List (2018, 2019, 2020)
- Named to Financial Times Top Advisers List (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
- Named as one of the Top 15 RIA firms by Financial Planning
*As of September 8, 2021 – Rankings are based on voluntary, non-fee paying surveys. Each organization establishes its own criteria for Inclusion
TMG’s Summer Internship Program is designed to give driven, business-focused students a broad knowledge base of the wealth management industry—including financial planning, client relationship management, portfolio management, risk management, tax planning and estate planning. You will gain hands-on experience with common industry software and acquire skills necessary to help secure a job in the wealth management field after graduation.
Summer Internship Program participants will:
• Assist with the execution of our proprietary marketing strategy, providing real-time experience speaking with corporate executives about our unique value proposition
• Benefit from upper management-led lectures on a variety of topics, including financial planning, investments, estate planning, trading, FinTech, career development and more
• Conduct marketing research on prospective clients’ retirement goals and expectations
• Complete a comprehensive retirement plan for a hypothetical client—covering all areas of the financial planning process, including insurance, employee benefits, investments, cash flow strategies, income tax planning and estate planning
• Internship Start Date: May 23rd
• Internship End Date: August 5th
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and attributes:
• Pursuing a business-related degree from an accredited college or university
• At least three years of undergraduate studies completed
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
• Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new systems and technology
• A highly motivated, self-starter
The Mather Group is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Rankings are based on voluntary, non-fee-paying surveys. Each organization establishes its own criteria for inclusion.