The Moth Education Program provides storytelling workshops and performance opportunities to high school and college students and educators throughout New York City and in select locations nationwide.
Please note- for the safety of our staff and participants, The Moth is currently fully virtual through June 2021, so this internship will be remote and entirely online.
Internship Focus Areas:
- Support implementation of professional development for teachers and instructors (The Moth Teacher Institute, curriculum updates and packaging, researching potential conferences and potential partners, instructor meet-ups, observing workshops)
- Assist in the virtual production of our program events: EDU Slams, Showcases, Workshops, Teacher PD Offerings and Assemblies
- Elevating storytelling as an art form (introduction to podcasting, social media, marketing, participation in the story archival process)
- Admin support (data entry, replying to inquiries, managing The Moth’s Info acct. and other tasks)
- Assist in the wrap process for all events including video editing and photo curation for promo materials.
- Development of Marketing and Recruitment Materials
Candidates will need to commit to being fully available for the following schedule:
- Duration: 4/5- 6/25
- Schedule: 3 days/ week between Monday – Thursday, 10am-6pm EST. Which specific days of the week can be agreed upon according to the candidate’s schedule. Please note, this position requires some evening and weekend hours, as needed, to support our event schedule.
- Hourly rate: $15/ hour
- Highly motivated and well organized, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willing and able to work occasional nights and weekends.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, G-Suite apps, Salesforce, Airtable, Box, etc.
- Experience in (or interest in learning about) graphic design and media production
- Demonstrated interest in learning about event production, storytelling, and/or educational programming.
- Because this is a remote position- the candidate will need access to a computer with reliable internet connectivity.
- We seek to represent a diverse range of voices in our Education and Community programming, so candidates with experience working with Black/African American, Latino, and/or Asian American communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Value of the Internship:
The intern will receive valuable training in storytelling, educational program administration and nonprofit management and event production, including: learning the capabilities of Zoom and other virtual platforms as they pertain to performances and shows (transitions between cast, visual direction, and incorporating audience engagement). They will have the unique opportunity to participate in departmental meetings, observe storytelling workshops, and contribute to the development of The Moth’s Education program.