The New School Information Technology is looking for driven and talented senior, graduate, or Ph.D. students to join our team as Full-Stack Developers. During the assignment, you are expected to deliver a prototype application involving current and emerging technologies.
This is a paid internship anticipated to begin in late May 2021 and run through August 2021.
Over the course of this summer internship, you’ll work alongside members of the IT department to build projects to enhance The New School experience. By leveraging data that spans our digital and physical environments, you’ll produce a product that will aid in helping us create a more intelligent and connected campus, improving enrollment services and student, faculty, and staff life.
You will take full ownership and responsibility for the project you produce, from designing the right solution to implementing and presenting it. You will work with a cross-functional team of data scientists, designers, and developers as well as gather input from team members from around the university including student success, enrollment, admission, open campus, marketing, and operations.
● Leverage your skills in NLP and machine learning and algorithms to produce innovative solutions for stakeholders.
● Collaborate with students, faculty, and staff to identify innovation opportunities.
● Work independently, diligently, and efficiently on assigned tasks and projects.
● Collaborate seamlessly with colleagues from other technical and client teams.
● Hands-on programming experience using
– MVC Framework
– HTML 5
– SQL and MySQL
– MongoDB or noSQL
– Cloud platform, particularly AWS
– Big data and data modeling
Applicants must be at least a rising junior and above and must have a track record of student success and potential as demonstrated by a minimum 3.2 GPA, a project portfolio, prior work experiences and/or the recommendation of a professor.
Students pursuing a Master’s degree or Ph.D. are strongly encouraged to apply.
Work hours:20-35 hours per week [remote, Eastern Standard Time]