Do you love telling stories?
The Pollination Project is looking for a content developer/writer to harvest the inspiring and amazing stories of our grantees and turn them into widely shareable blog posts, videos and more.
The Pollination Project makes grants of $1,000 a day, every day of the year, to individual social changemakers all over the world. We come in contact with thousands of applicants and grantees who quickly become part of our worldwide network. The result has been an abundance of stories and photos that need to be shared far and wide! For examples of people and projects we’ve funded, go to thepollinationproject.org.
We are looking for a smart, ambitious and creative intern who loves to interview people, learn about their vision, plans and accomplishments, and retell the stories in a way that inspires others into action.
- Interview our grantees and write and publish blog posts (and possibly other written materials) about their work
- Develop inspiring video / slideshows and/or presentations with photos and narrative from our grantee projects.
- Strong English writing skills (will want to see samples of your work)
- Good listening/interviewing skills.
- Ability to manage your own time and be able to respond to emails in a timely manner
- Caring compassionate person who has experience in social change work and resonates with the mission and vision of the Pollination Project
- Prefer someone with a commitment to or interest in animal rights and a vegan/vegetarian lifestyle
Outcomes: During this internship you will:
- Build your portfolio of writing samples
- Build your multimedia storytelling portfolio with interesting stories and photo / video content
- Come into contact with interesting and inspiring social change activists from all over the world
- Gain a first-hand understanding of micro grantmaking and what it means to make big change with small grants
- Participate in developing the emergent field of “Pollination Philanthropy”