Take a stand for investors
Vanguard’s College to Corporate Advice Internship Program is an immersive, hands-on experience for high-potential undergrads passionate about becoming Certified Financial Planner™ professionals and pursuing a career at one of the world’s leading investment firms. The paid internship will provide you an opportunity to develop an in-depth understanding of Vanguard’s mission, investment philosophy, and advice services. You will receive a preview of how these factors impact our clients, employees, and the industry. Here, you will gain real-world experiences as you advance our mission and stand up for over thirty million investors, worldwide. Make it count.
In this 2021 internship program you will:
- Spend the summer developing your expertise of the personal financial planning process and enriching your knowledge of Vanguard’s business.
- Learn about what differentiates Vanguard’s advice offering and get a firsthand look at how our advisors interact with and serve Personal Advisor Services® clients.
- Meet regularly with your department manager and internship program manager, in order to receive personalized coaching and mentorship.
- Connect with a dedicated mentor to provide support and help you navigate the corporate environment and form professional relationships during the course of the program.
- Have the opportunity to share your knowledge and experiences with leaders and your team.
Kickstart a career that counts
Do you have the grit and determination to work and learn in a demanding, unique program? Then take the first step into the ever-changing field of financial planning. Your real passion for investing with integrity and drive to do what’s right for our clients will propel you through the experience and help you gain experience toward your CFP® certification. We’ll stand by you as you stand up for thirty million investors, worldwide.
Upon successful completion of the program, you will be considered for Vanguard’s full-time, entry-level positions, including the Financial Advisor Development Program (FADP). This specialty program is a rotational program designed to provide a work-training experience in advice and support you during pursuit of the CFP® certification.
What it takes
The ideal candidate is a current college junior who possesses the following qualities:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree (required). Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher preferred.
- Currently enrolled in a CFP Board-Registered program (required).
- Desire to sit for the CFP® exam before or after graduation.
- Effective communication, analytical, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well, independently, and as part of a team.
- Flexibility, drive to take initiative, and the ability to learn quickly.
- Results-oriented with the ability to manage several priorities.
- At this time Vanguard is only considering candidates that will not now, or in the future, need sponsorship or other immigration support to obtain US work authorization.
- This program is a full-time, paid summer internship for the summer, 2021.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.