When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Our internship program will give you a chance to get real-world business experience and build your network before graduation. We are seeking an energetic, responsible intern to join our growing organization. In this position, you will be expected to learn the ins-and-outs of our daily routines and procedures. You will focus on learning how our organization runs and can be expected to gain valuable insight that can further your interest in your chosen career field.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE AN IMPACT?
The Procurement Internship position provides an opportunity for supply chain students or business students with a supply chain focus to get hands on experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. The procurement intern will contribute to development projects and advance product and process improvements. The position starts in June, paid to work 40 hours per week through August.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Support a variety of procurement activities and may be assigned to a variety of process improvement initiatives.
- Be involved with many aspects of supplier relationship management, including resolving quality issues and scoping cost and quality improvements
- Provide feedback on supplier performance and metrics
- Learn about procurement and supply chain through daily activities
- Accept candid feedback and look for areas of improvements
- Specific tasks will be tailored to the interns experience level and abilities
- A procurement intern works under the close supervision of buyers, project managers, and procurement managers
HOW WILL YOU GET THERE?
Supply Chain or Business Degree
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.