We have an exciting opportunity to build your career at Thomson Reuters as a Compliance Editor/Compliance Attorney Editor. This is a unique opportunity to apply your regulatory and compliance skills and knowledge for a compliance market in the financial services and banking industries.
Thomson Reuters is a global leader in providing essential information to the world’s businesses and professionals in Law, Tax and Corporates. With our deep expertise and understanding of these professions, we offer our customers a broad range of innovative products and services. The relevant, insightful information and intuitive supporting systems we provide enable our customers to be successful. Thomson Reuters has operations in 93 countries around the globe.
About the Role
In this opportunity as Attorney Editor, you will:
- Analyze new and updated legislation and regulations aimed at the financial services and banking compliance industries.
- Simplify, distill, and summarize regulatory documents for the benefit of our customers (typically from non-legal backgrounds) working in compliance across our large corporate clients
- Gain technical experience of our content and publishing tools
You’re a fit for the role of Attorney Editor if you have:
- JD from accredited law school and bar approved OR
- Four-year college degree with relevant business experience in the compliance industry (e.g., healthcare, insurance, banking)
- Maintains professional designations with required CE continuing education
- Strong legal & regulatory research, writing and analytical skills
- Ability to take complex regulatory material and make this understandable for people who are not lawyers
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks / projects
- Works collaboratively across teams to meet publishing deadlines and content metrics
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively internally and with customers
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience (work experience, internships, etc) gained within a regulatory or compliance profession, or compliance environment would be highly advantageous
- Applicable Certification(s)
What’s in it For You?
At Thomson Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Our Culture: You will have the opportunity to work for a company that has a market dominant position and is passionate about giving back to the community
- Learning & Development: You will be joining a team that has the commitment of the company to prioritize growth and has made investments to expand our capabilities. This includes paid CLE time for Attorney Editors
- Benefits: Extraordinary benefits package including health benefits, savings/investment plans, paid time off, and bar dues reimbursement
- Social Impact: Global volunteer network, organized virtual volunteer events, 2 paid volunteer workdays a year, company matching for personal charitable giving and fundraising