Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Spain and Ireland, transacting business in approximately 180 countries and underwriting more than 100 classes of specialty insurance. Tokio Marine HCC products and capabilities set the standard for the industry, and many of the Company’s over 3,000 employees are industry-leading experts
We have an exciting IT Intern opportunity in our Corporate Headquarters located in Houston, TX. The TMHCC IT Intern Program is one of the best, unique IT intern experiences available, providing interesting and engaging work within a thriving IT group. The Program offers real-world experience in IT projects, managed and delivered by the Intern team with support from experienced engineers and project leaders. The projects typically involve disciplines such as Agile, DevSecOps, automation techniques across a variety of business and technology tools. To support the projects, the Program provides industry-leading training to the team in these disciplines to ensure that the Interns leave the program with relevant and marketable experience and knowledge.
We provide access across IT to understand how an IT function operates, allowing the Intern to select areas of interest for shadowing and elective projects. Mentoring by experienced professionals is offered throughout the program to help the Intern be successful during the internship as well as support their career planning. Interns are invited to attend several IT Leader Insight Sessions where they hear from executive level IT leaders on how to have a successful career in IT. We want our Interns to feel part of the TMHCC IT team and we arrange regular social events to make sure that happens.
This will be the third year of a Program that has had very positive feedback each year from Computer Science and Business School MIS students alike, with people coming back for a second internship as well as joining the company full-time on graduation. Our Program ran successfully as a remote program in the summer of 2020, with all equipment provided to Interns at home to support safe working.
- Work collaboratively with a group of other college interns/recent graduates with end-to-end ownership to successfully deliver projects for the company.
- Undertake key roles within a project based on qualifications and major study of educational experience (i.e., Application / Software Development, Business Analysis, Project Management, Technical Administration across various technology platforms)
- Work independently with IT managers and subject matter experts to gain in-depth knowledge of specific delivery areas including Application / Software development (web and mobile) and support, Data and Analytics, IT Service Management, Infrastructure Management, Network Administration, Information and Cyber Security.
- 60 completed general college hours with a 3.0 GPA or above.
- MIS / Computer Science / Information Technology/ Computer Engineering/ Artificial Intelligence or related field
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office 365 (ex. Teams, Sharepoint, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies is an equal-opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.