TrailBlaze Creative, an independent marketing and communications firm, seeks a talented and enthusiastic marketing intern to assist in creating new and unique marketing journeys for our clients.
We need a rockstar.
Someone who can be independently resourceful.
A creative visionary who is meticulous with their work.
A collaborator, a strategist, and a big thinker.
A lifelong learner with a creative mind.
The Marketing & Communications Guide will work with TrailBlaze leadership to provide strategic and tactical marketing support to nonprofit, business, and community clients. TrailBlaze serves as an outsourced marketing department for clients, so the Guide must be comfortable working in different media and show proficiency in design, content generation, and technology. The Guide will assist our team in developing and implementing strategies at all stages of marketing campaigns for various client projects. During the internship, Guides will gain broad experience in marketing and expand their skills and knowledge of various marketing practices and engagement techniques. Duties can/will include graphic design, website updates, social media management, email marketing, copywriting, communications planning, research, and more.
The Guide is a valuable part of our team and we look to them to provide creative ideas to help TrailBlaze and our clients achieve their goals. We are looking for someone with desired experience/knowledge in the following areas:
- Solid understanding of different marketing techniques.
- Social Media campaigns
- PR Basics/Writing Press Releases
- Email campaigns ( Familiar with Constant Contact, Mailchimp, etc.. desired but not necessary)
- Eye for design
- Experience with design programs (Familiar with Adobe Suite or Canva)
Most importantly, we are looking for a team player who possesses the following:
- Quick learner and proactive thinker!
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive.
- Passion for the marketing industry and its best practices.
The target timeframe for this position is the spring semester beginning January 2022, however, can be flexible. This position will telecommute, so it is important that candidates have access to a laptop, as well as internet access, phone access, and Microsoft Office computer programs. Access to Adobe Suite is a plus. The TrailBlaze team meets regularly and we also have weekly client meetings, so availability to attend key meetings is expected.
Compensation is $20/hour.
Still interested? Then we’d like to hear from you. Because of the anticipated number of responses, we will only be reviewing responses that include a cover letter. This proves to us your interest in the position, how you match our requirements and ensures you can read and follow instructions! In this cover letter, please address all of the following:
- Why is this position and TrailBlaze a fit for you? Sell it. We want to feel your passion through your letter.
- What makes you a rockstar that’s ready to serve in this role? Humblebrag time.
- anticipated availability per week and desired start/end dates of internship.
- Introduce us to one campaign you developed that you are most proud of and why, including the problem you were trying to solve and the results of these campaigns. If you don’t have a campaign, describe one that you really like and the results of that campaign.
- Share a represented portfolio of your best work (written and/or visual).
You can send all of this information, along with your resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org.