ABOUT THE COMPANY:
At Triple-S Steel we live and work by our core values. Since our inception over 50 years ago, we have followed three basic principles that are the foundation of our success:
Stability: All decisions made are measured in years, not quarters.
Flexibility: Employees are encouraged to seek creative steel solutions and services that help the company thrive.
Chemistry: We foster and nurture an entrepreneurial spirit throughout the Triple-S family. That spirit permeates our DNA.
From a small family retail operation in Houston, our business has expanded across the US and S. America to sell over 1 Million tons per year. We supply steel for bridges, stadiums, barges and large buildings but one thing will always remain the same: We treat our customers and employees like family.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
We are seeking a motivated Human Resources Intern to join our business. Under the direction of the HR Generalist, the HR Intern provides general support for the HR function with a strong emphasis on recruitment for a 6-month paid engagement.
Schedule: 30 hours/week to be worked between 8:00-5:00pm, Monday-Friday.
• Interface professionally and efficiently with all Triple-S Steel subsidiaries as needed
• Support Recruiting function for all locations, including resume review, scheduling interviews, and processing candidates
• Assists in annual I-9 Audit
• Ensures monthly online trainings are completed, and provides recommendations on how to increase participation rate
• Helps coordinate the Operations Management Conference
• Scan employee records and digitally file
• Provide recommendations to improve the new employee experience (Orientation/Onboarding)
• Prepare letters, e-mails, scans, verifications of employment, and other correspondence as needed.
• Works on other assigned HR related projects as needed
• Provides support to all HR functions such as onboarding, benefits, and training
• Coordinate meeting logistics as needed
• Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience, OR
• 4th year undergraduate student pursuing a relevant degree who can work 30 hours/week
• Self-starting, results-oriented individual who is team oriented
• Effective organization, time management, and verbal/written communication skills
• Able to handle multiple projects and priorities as well as deal with ambiguity
• Demonstrates a strong attention to detail
• Advanced computer literacy, especially Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
• Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands/fingers to handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
• Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but due to open office environment noise level may occasionally be high.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.