Are you interested in joining the Trustmark team as a participant in an elite program which focuses on providing a solid foundation in the financial services industry and develops future leaders? Would you like the opportunity for personal and professional development, 1:1 mentorship, hands-on assignments, industry specific seminars, community involvement and exposure to senior leadership? If this sounds like the opportunity for you, then apply today for the Trustmark Development Program.
As a participant in the Mortgage Development Associate Program, you will work closely with the underwriter 1’s and II’s to perform the following tasks:
• Initially become familiar with Partners and Image Flow by understanding the 1003 and where to input data as directed by the underwriter, the correct distribution of documents into Image Flow, moving documents, etc.
• Train to run the automated underwriting system for each loan type and make changes in the system based on conditions that were required by the UW II’s.
• Assist with the submission of files to contract underwriting, as well as sending conditions for final approval. With this, they would also understand the differences in the various stages of the approval process and indicate this in the underwriting screen, as the file progresses.
• As a final stage, the interns/DA would work with assigned UW II’s to review and clear conditions. They would gain an understanding of what is and is not acceptable for the condition presented by the underwriter and, subsequently work with processing to ensure that the correct documents are provided that would satisfy the condition.
The anticipated career path for a Mortgage Development Associate is to move into an underwriter role.
Trustmark focuses on program participants who have a demonstrated strong work ethic and leadership skills through academic performance, work experience and campus involvement. In addition, interested students should also:
• Earned a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance with a minimum GPA of 3.0
• Scheduled to graduate on or before June 2021
• Detail oriented, organized, analytical and demonstrated problem solving abilities
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Able to handle complex projects with a sense of urgency, adaptability to change, innovation, tech savvy and results oriented
• Internship or prior work experience a plus
• Enthusiasm and genuine interest in developing a career with Trustmark and the financial industry
Program participation located in the Jackson Metro area.
Apply for this job online
Refer this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed
Trustmark is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, sexual stereotype, age, marital status, genetic information, pregnancy, national origin, veteran or disability status. Upon request, reasonable accommodations will be made for all qualified individuals with disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans