Ubernosky & Associates LLC is a quality service oriented public accounting firm in Houston’s Memorial neighborhood. The firm provides tax, accounting, advisory, and controller services to clients across a wide range of industries including natural resources, private equity, real estate investment, manufacturing, medical, legal, and many more.
Your learning experience will never be limited to a niche. The firm serves a breadth of clients in both industry and location. Client diversity ranges in age and net worth, and from closely held business to those who have become publicly traded companies.
At Ubernosky & Associates LLC, effort and hard work are encouraged, noticed, and rewarded. The firm maintains a low turnover, and the majority of staff members have been with the firm in excess of five years. Compensation includes competitive salary, health and dental insurance, and overtime benefits that can be paid out or banked for extra paid time off in addition to standard vacation policies.
As a Tax Associate, you will be onboarded to the firm to undertake the following responsibilities:
- Preparation of annual federal and state series forms for individuals, partnerships, corporations, S-corporations, estates, and trusts
- Preparation of quarterly federal and state series forms such as excise and payroll taxes
- Compiling quality electronic workpapers
- Maintain a client list of engagements by prioritizing time and communicating with management and colleagues
- Effectively research Federal and State code, regulations, and other primary sources in applying return positions
Tax Planning, Compliance, and Representation
- Learn about and identify tax planning opportunities, both during preparation and forward-looking
- Assist in compiling data for and writing of annual planning letters for clients
- Assist senior staff and management with review of client accounts in dispute with tax authorities
- Assist senior staff and management with aggregation of records and evidence during representation in various tax audits
- Preparation of compilation engagements
- Review of client accounting records and preparing journal entries
- Ancillary support in the firm’s outsourced controller activities, such as treasury functions, forecasting, and annual report compliance
We are seeking recent graduates with BBA or MSACCY degrees with the following qualifications and characteristics:
- Working knowledge of the tax code’s application to individuals and entities
- Ability to utilize primary source research materials
- Understanding of accounting systems and financial statements
- Comprehension of book/tax differences and adjustments
- Experience with standard Office suite software
- Progress toward CPA eligibility or demonstrated ambition to do so
- Communicates assertively
- Eager to continue learning
- Aptly and intuitively adjusts to job requirements
- Seeks and provides help as a team player
If you are ready to have a meaningful beginning to your career – we encourage you to apply, and look forward to meeting you.