Do you have a strong interest in government, economics, public policy, politics, sustainable finance, infrastructure or community development? Do you want to help municipalities and nonprofit institutions raise capital to finance bridges, stadiums and schools? Are you detail-oriented and do you have a desire to provide best in-class deal support? We’re looking for someone like you who can help us:
• Work with municipal investment banking client coverage teams to identify, articulate, and deliver solutions that meet client needs
• Provide dedicated support to the bankers both for origination and execution activities
• Develop pitch book presentations and perform quantitative analysis
• Manage deal processes including due diligence, pricing review, and compliance checks
• Spot problems, recommend solutions, and take ownership of change (you’re a contingency planner by nature)
• Build the Department’s client base by supporting bankers who cover various state and local government issuers, as well as clients in various sectors, such as healthcare, housing, transportation, and higher education.
You will be working in the Public Finance Team. We are increasing our footprint within the Public Finance space, focusing on building our regional and industry capabilities, and our summer analysts are vital to establishing the foundation of our Department.
You need to be a junior (Class of 2023) and have a 3.0 minimum cumulative GPA. In particular, you have:
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills and excellent writing skills
• You have an interest in government, public sector financing and/or investment banking
• A university degree or coursework in business administration, economics, policy, political science, finance or similar
We would like to see evidence that you are:
• A clear, concise communicator
• Always looking for opportunities to learn and expand your skillset, especially relationship building and client management
• Able to manage and solve challenging situations and problems
• Team oriented and able to collaborate with others to achieve a common goal
In this 10-week summer program, you will be a real part of the team, working with our experts and learning about the industry, our clients, our firm and a specific area of it. You will have plenty of opportunities to develop new skills, make contacts and potentially secure a full-time offer after you graduate.
If you like challenges, enjoy learning and want to work in an environment where no two days are the same, have a look at the internship details below.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That’s what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We’re a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.