Staff are entry-level employees who are interested in pursuing a career in professional services, in the fields of audit, tax or consulting. During this time, the Staff needs to focus on developing skills, building their technical skill base, understanding and executing diligent client service, and getting oriented to the Firm’s practices, policies, and culture. Work is performed under close supervision. Responsibilities increase with demonstrated skill.
· Develop an understanding of the firm’s audit approach, methodology & tools
· Establish working relationships with client personnel
· Perform analytical review of audit documents
· Identify accounting and auditing issues; perform research to solve issues that arise
· Prepare financial statement reports and documentation supporting UHY’s audit opinions
· Begins to build knowledge base of the local office service offerings
· Solicits internal experts from which to learn and builds relationships
· Positively represents and actively promotes the Firm
· Seeks opportunities to participate in mentoring, recruiting, retention and team-building activities
· Conducts oneself professionally and shows respect to others at all times; maintains poise under pressure, especially during stressful times and during peak periods of client engagement activity
· Develops and establishes rapport with fellow employees
· Proactively seeks knowledge, new tasks and responsibilities
· Cooperative and responsive to training, supervision and constructive criticism
· Maintains appropriate compliance with all firm wide and local office policies and procedures
Experience and Education
· Bachelor’s degree required at minimum.
· Must be CPA eligible in the state of Texas before the position starts.
· No experience required, but internship experience is a plus.
· Demonstrated knowledge of basic business, technology, or audit principles/standards.
· Actively working toward passing the CPA Exam, or planning to pursue the CPA Exam in the future.