Staff are entry-level employees who are interested in pursuing a career in professional services, in the fields of audit, tax or consulting. During this time, the Staff needs to focus on developing skills, building their technical skill base, understanding and executing diligent client service, and getting oriented to the Firm’s practices, policies, and culture. Work is performed under close supervision. Responsibilities increase with demonstrated skill.
· Proactively demonstrates a willingness to learn and attain greater knowledge on a continual basis; looks to build technical skill base
· Grasps concepts quickly and demonstrates knowledge of basic technical skills, as well as related knowledge of necessary systems and procedures
· Makes well-thought-out decisions and considers all facts prior to making final conclusions
· Asks appropriate questions and requests supervision when in need of assistance
· Follow regulations and professional ethics standards bodies appropriate to discipline including AICPA.
· Keep current on all professional pronouncements.
· Develops proficiency in use of all technology necessary to performance execution
· Understands basics of client systems environment in context of any client project.
· Maintains designated chargeable hours for the year (determined by Geography & Discipline leaders)
· Ensures quality control procedures are being executed under direction of engagement supervisor
· Maintains positive client relationships
· Responds timely and accurately to internal team and client requests
· Develops efficient work habits to work accurately, efficiently, and with organization and detail-orientation
· Demonstrates willingness to understand how to work within budgetary parameters
· Appropriately communicates difficult situations encountered on engagements to supervisor
· Performs thorough self-review of all work prior to submission to supervisor
· Begins to build knowledge base of the local office service offerings
· Solicits internal experts from which to learn and builds relationships
· Positively represents and actively promotes the Firm
· Seeks opportunities to participate in mentoring, recruiting, retention and team-building activities
· Serves as a role model for interns and paraprofessionals and coaches them on Firm policies and procedures.
· Conducts oneself professionally and shows respect to others at all times; maintains poise under pressure, especially during stressful times and during peak periods of client engagement activity
· Develops and establishes rapport with fellow employees
· Proactively seeks knowledge, new tasks and responsibilities
· Cooperative and responsive to training, supervision and constructive criticism
· Respects and embraces diversity; looks to build a One-Firm team spirit amongst peers
· Punctually enters time and expenses to support efficient billing processes
· Maintains appropriate compliance with all firm wide and local office policies and procedures
Experience and Education
· Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent technology experience
· Bachelor’s in Accounting (for Audit or Tax)
· Master’s degree or 150 credits completed, in designated states
· 0-1 year in relevant position
· Demonstrated knowledge of basic business, technology, or audit principles/standards.
License / Certification
· Actively working toward passing the CPA Exam, or relevant certification for respective discipline as soon as possible, if certification is not already attained.
· Must maintain required CPE credits annually
Legal / Compliance
· Must complete acknowledgement of Corporate Policy and Compliance Manual
· Must complete acknowledgement of Employee Manual document
· Must complete acknowledgement of Independence Guidelines and Ethical Standards document
· Governmental engagements require ability to obtain a security clearance from the United States government