UHY LLP is one of the fastest growing Professional Services firms in the United States. We are strengthened not only by the services we offer in our many offices across the U.S., but also by being an independent member of UHY International, a global organization of over 300 accounting and consulting firms in over 99 countries. At UHY, we’re all about what sets us apart. Our entrepreneurial spirit fosters an environment in which our employees are engaged and empowered, which we believe results in better client service. We foster an environment for our professionals to help clients succeed and provide the next level of service, and in doing so, they can excel in their own careers. With our diverse service offerings and industry practices, you have multiple career paths to choose from at UHY.
Objective of an Internship: The internship program represents an opportunity for students to experience the practice of public accounting first hand and to integrate this experience with their formal education. The practical experience of the internship facilitates education by providing students with insights into the economics of the practice and allowing students to gain a broader perspective of audit that can be used throughout the remainder of their formal education. The internship provides both the student and UHY with an opportunity to develop a relationship that may have long-term career implications.
***Candidate must sit in Houston, TX office***
- Develop an understanding of the firm’s audit approach, methodology & tools
- Establish working relationships with client personnel
- Perform analytical review of audit documents
- Identify accounting and auditing issues; perform research to solve issues that arise
- Prepare financial statement reports and documentation supporting UHY’s audit opinions
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Social Perceptiveness – Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Mathematics – Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Computer Skills – Ability to operate spreadsheet, word processing and email programs.
Experience and Education
- Must be pursuing a degree in Accounting at an accredited college/university.
- High School Diploma or GED
- No experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic business, technology, or audit principles/standards.
- Actively working toward passing the CPA Exam, or planning to pursue the CPA Exam in the future