Unbendable Media, a cutting-edge progressive campaign consulting and strategic communications firm, is seeking highly motivated individuals interested in gaining hands-on experience from issue advocacy, communications and media strategy, for a part-time media relations internship for summer/fall 2020.
Our intern will learn the basic skills of high-level communications for progressive nonprofit organizations, social justice advocacy groups, and social-good focused enterprises. Ideal candidates are hard-working, self-starting, highly-motivated, have a passion for progressive political issues and causes, and excited by media and politics.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Building and maintaining media lists;
- Tracking and coding media mentions and press pushes;
- Joining and taking notes on calls with leaders from the progressive movement;
- Copy-editing and proofreading media-facing materials;
- Diligent work ethic;
- Attention to detail;
- Eagerness to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to multi-task and balance competing priorities;
- Willingness to hustle and pitch in where needed;
- Demonstrated interest in news, political and current events;
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc;
- Eagerness to develop research skills on search engines and databases like Meltwater, Cision, Google, Critical Mention, or Lexis Nexis.