Are you ready to join the world’s largest independent refiner? Valero is on the search for energetic and motivated individuals to join the Information Services Department.
Functional – Business Systems Analyst
Employees in a Functional role will serve as a member of a project team, or work on enhancements and fixes to existing systems. Business Systems Analysts support one or more of our divisions such as Renewables, Refining, Marketing and Supply, Finance, Legal, Accounting, or Human Resources. You and your technical and infrastructure colleagues will work directly with members of those business divisions to provide solutions for the real world challenges Valero faces.
Business Systems Analyst responsibilities include:
- Learn business processes and related applications.
- Engage in all phases of the application development lifecycle (e.g. requirements gathering, analysis, design, implementation, and support).
- Manage projects, track progress, and provide status updates.
- Test and train end-users on new applications, features, or fixes.
- Take support calls from business teams to provide troubleshooting and solution services.
These positions are best suited for students working towards an MIS (Management of Information Systems) or related degree. CS (Computer Science) majors with the desire to interact more with business teams have also had great success as functional team members. Strong communications skills and an ability to work at the speed of business are required to be successful in this area.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
- Currently pursuing or have obtained a bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science or related field required.
- Graduation dates from May 2018 to May 2021 required.
- Overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or higher) preferred.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero’s employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Job: Information Services
Primary Location: US-TX-San Antonio
Job Posting: Oct 28, 2020, 4:10:10 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 20001EQ