The Talent Management Intern is responsible for assisting with various department functions, including selection and testing initiatives, workforce planning, employee surveys, succession planning, and strategic HR analytics. Expectations include strong analytical capability, effective communication (verbal and written), and the ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks, track project details, and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
Essential Job Functions:
- Extracts data from various systems (SAP, OBI, and various in-house systems), cleans data to ensure data integrity, and provides basic summary reports of key trends.
- Assists with the annual workforce planning process and learns concepts around strategic planning.
- Coordinates the administration, analysis, and summary report for the summer Intern Survey.
- Assists with designing and administering additional surveys as needed.
- Helps with adhoc requests for strategic analysis on various topics such as employee turnover, recruitment activity, internal sourcing, the intern program, exit interviews, etc.
- Assists in the development and review of assessments used for selection, training, qualification, and employee development which may include item writing and review.
- Assists with project management of large-scale projects such as job analysis and validation studies.
This position is hourly nonexempt status, which means you are eligible for overtime pay.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s or graduate degree in Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Human Resources, Applied Statistics, or other related field required.
- Overall GPA of 3.0 (or higher) on a 4.0 scale preferred.
- Graduation date between August 2022 to May 2024 required.
- Obtained at least 60 credit hours by the start of internship (May 2022) required.
- Able to work 40 hours per week during the summer required.
- Candidate required to live within commuting distance to San Antonio, TX during the summer.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
Please include the following in your resume:
Overall GPA and Major – Expected Graduation Date
Note: Valero’s pre-employment process includes successful completion of a background check, hair analysis drug screen, and pre-employment physical (if applicable).
About the Valero Intern Program
The Valero Intern Program fuels a broader company mission to develop reliable, affordable and sustainable energy through innovation, ingenuity and unmatched execution. When you join Valero, you can expect to work with teams that are inclusive and results-driven while celebrating every employee’s strengths and ideas.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States
Req ID: 21001IM