Job Posting – Sourcing & Contracts Analyst, Procurement
Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking an experienced Sourcing & Contracts Specialist to join us within the Procurement function in downtown Houston. This person is responsible and accountable for the sourcing of third-party goods and services for Venture Global LNG Operations.
- Conducts RFx and bidding processes minimizing risk and maximizing value in terms of quality, delivery, and cost.
- Assists in the negotiation of Master Services Agreements and other Purchasing Contracts, with support of procurement and legal teams.
- Learns and employs sourcing best practices to efficiently and effectively lead initiative and project teams.
- Assists stakeholders in scope of work development.
- Creates spend analyses and tools in order to support sourcing initiatives, inform strategic sourcing plans, and drive improved forecasting.
- Collaborates with Asset-level Procurement staff to deliver sourcing initiatives.
- Effectively communicates with and maintains relationships with internal stakeholders, identifying inefficiencies, process deviations, and strategy deviations and working together to drive optimal business results.
- Monitors asset and industry trends to identify strategic sourcing opportunities, leveraging stakeholder relationships to develop innovative and optimal tendering strategies and deal frames.
- Aggregates and visualizes data and identifies trends and opportunities to find areas for improved cost savings and best-in-class supplier performance.
- BBA, MS or MBA in business, supply chain management, engineering, or related discipline.
- A foundational understanding of commercial terms common to third-party procurement and contracting.
- Ability to build relationships and engage with stakeholders across the organization, with a collaborative, service-oriented approach.
- Good instincts and ability to learn to develop supplier relationships and long-term partnerships.
- Robust commercial and analytical acumen; able to distill meaningful implications from market intelligence and internal data and translate to impactful actions for the business.
- Conceptual understanding of the role of procurement, contracting, and suppliers in an industrial business operation.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other teammates and other functions.
- Experience with SAP, E-Procurement platforms, and digital B2P/P2P electronic and automated payment platforms is advantageous.
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.